Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Sleek Face Contour Kit in 'Light' Review and Swatch

Hello everyone! 

For those of you who are new to Sleek, Sleek is a UK brand known for great quality products at affordable prices. They are most famous for their eyeshadow palettes and blushes. For us Irish girls, Sleek is unavailable to us in drugstores, but we can get our hands on Sleek goodies from www.cloud10beauty.com.
 I got my Face contour Kit on this website for €10. Standard shipping to Ireland costs only €3 and I received my last order within 3 days, not bad eh? Alternatively you can purchase Sleek from Superdrug in the UK or from the Sleek website

Okay, let's get on to the review shall we??




 What Sleek say :
 The "Face Contour Kit combines a dark matte pressed powder and an illuminating highlighter, in a handbag-friendly mirrored palette. Contour Kit works to sculpt your features and has amazing slimming effects".





What I say: 
This product does exactly what it says on the tin. I chose the Light shade because of my typical Irish pale skin! When I first saw this product, I was surprised at how small it was in size as it seems much bigger on the website. However, a little really does go a long way with this product and I can't imagine using up this product any time soon. I was also surprised at how dark the contour colour was, but it's the perfect shade once it is applied and blended onto the skin. 





This contour/highlighter duo contains a matte brown contour colour (which can be often difficult to find) and a shimmery champagne highlight. The highlight colour gives a subtle brightness to the face and is not over the top with chunky glitter like some highlighters. Both colours are incredibly pigmented and blend easily. The contour colour can be buildable for a more Kim Kardashian-like sculpted face. The packaging is very Sleek and sturdy. This slim compact has a big mirror and is perfect for travel. 


Where do I apply it? 

I apply the contour shade just under my cheekbones, on my jaw line, temples and occasionally down the sides of my nose for extra dimension. I wear the highlight shade to the top of my cheekbones and on my cupids bow (to give the illusion of a bigger pout!).
 The Face Contour Kit is a multifunctional product as the contour shade can be applied in the crease of the eye for extra definition while the highlighter can be used under the arch of the brows and in the inner corners of the eyes. 




     Pros:

  • Budget friendly
  • Great pigmentation
  • Easy to blend
  • Travel Friendly
  • Long lasting
  • Not too much shimmer in the highlight
  • Big mirror
  • 2 in 1 product
  • Easily buildable
  • Does not look patchy
  • Matte bronzer
  • Multipurpose

  

     Cons:

  • Contour powder might be too dark for very pale skin tones
  • Availability - in some countries it can be difficult to get your hands on this product

The bottom line...

I absolutely LOVE this product. I use it every single day. Honestly, it was difficult for me to think of any cons for this product! I love how it defines my features flawlessly and gives slimming effects to the face. Before using this product, I had not realised how much contouring and highlighting can transform the face! I would recommend this to everyone! 


My Rating: 5/5


I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know what you think in the comments below!


Till next time...

Shawna
xoxo



Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock