Sunday, 22 September 2013

Real Techniques Brushes Core Collection Review

Hey guys! 

I got these brushes from my boyfriend as a present a few weeks ago! I have used them a lot and I feel that I can give them a good review now! 


If you don't know already know, Real Techniques are a makeup brush line designed by professional makeup artist and beauty blogger, Samantha Chapman. Some of you may know her from her hugely successful Youtube channel, Pixiwoo. These brushes have taken the makeup guru world by storm. These brushes have only recently been made available in Ireland. You can get these in Boots stores and on Cloud10beauty.ie. The collection costs around €28.

Packaging

The brushes come in a panoramic case. The case is very practical as it also acts as a brush holder. You simply pull the toggle at the back and let it stand. This is ideal for travel or to hold the brushes while they dry after being washed. It keeps the brushes in place and there is space for other brushes too.  The case is simply and practical



The Brushes

The Brushes are made of Taklon bristles which are synthetic and 100% cruelty free

The collection contains: (from left to right)

  • Buffing Brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder or mineral foundation
  • Pointed foundation brush: to use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
  • A detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas, or use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and perfection
  • Contour Brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish.
  • Panoramic Case: dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organised on your counter or on the go.




My Thoughts


These brushes are incredibly soft. They feel amazing on my face and deliver perfect results. I I thoroughly enjoy applying my makeup with these brushes everyday. I have washed these bad boys several times and they have remained in shape without shedding. You don't have to worry about picking the brush hairs off your face after using these brushes that's for sure! They are very easy to wash and they dry super fast/ I didn't experience any damage to them after washing. They are without a doubt very strong and durable. 




The Buffing Brush

I love this brush! It's so soft and this would be my second favourite brush from the collection. It's very similar to the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. But the buffing brush is softer. I used this brush for liquid foundation before I purchased the Expert Face brush. But now I use it in several ways. I use it for setting powder over my foundation, for all over bronzer, evening out my foundation for a more flawless look, and also for blush if I want a more pigmented look. Overall this is a fantastic brush. I'm so glad it's part of my collection now.  

The Pointed Foundation Brush

Personally I think this brush is too small to use for foundation for your entire face. I think Real Techniques should rename this brush as The Large Concealer Brush. Nevertheless I still love the brush.I use this for under eye concealer and for applying cream contour.  

The Detailer Brush

This brush is so tiny! I use it for tidying up around my lips with concealer after applying lipstick. This works really well particularly when I wear red lipstick as it gives my lips a sharp, perfected look. I also use this brush when I'm wearing winged eyeliner. It's perfect for sharpening up my eyeliner flick. Lastly I use this brush for applying concealer on small imperfections and blemishes. 

The Contour Brush

I'm saving the best till last! This is my favourite brush from the collection. It has a round tip that allows you to create precise contour effortlessly. It's very small but is very precise in it's application. I use this for contouring under my cheek bones. I mentioned this brush in my July Favourites post. I use this brush everyday with my Sleek Contour Kit. They work together perfectly! I sometimes use this brush for highlighting parts of my face, eg. cheekbones and nose. I can't emphasise how much I love this brush! It's definitely a must have.



Overall, this collection is fantastic for starting up your collection. The kit is reasonably priced and has great quality products. I highly recommend!!

Pros:

  • Great quality brushes
  • No shedding
  • Easy to wash
  • They dry very quickly
  • Durable and Strong
  • Great for travel
  • Versatile
  • Affordable
  • Great for starting your brush collection
  • They look professional
  • 100% cruelty free
  • Very soft
  • Deliver flawless results

Cons:

  • My only con is that you can't buy these brushes separately. They only come is this set.

My Rating: 5/5

Good job Real Techniques!

Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock