Thursday, 20 February 2014

Best of Beauty: Makeup Must Haves

Hello guys!

As you may have seen from my previous post, I'm taking part in Samantha's Best in Beauty Blog Challenge! Samantha from All the Buzz has organised an 8 week challenge for us Irish Bloggers. She emails us each week about a chosen topic and we put our posts at 7pm each Thursday. You can follow this challenge onTwitter by searching #BOBBlogChallenge

This week my post is about my Makeup Must Haves. I have been using these products every single day and they are my absolute favourites of all time!



Sleek Contour Kit in Light 

If I could only pick one product to bring with me on a desert island, this would be it! This is definately my Holy Grail makeup product and I think Everyone should have this. I've done a full blog post review on this Sleek Contour Kit. This is available in Ireland from Cloud10Beauty website for only €7.99 or directly from Sleek's website. This is a complete bargain for a product of such quality. 



Rimmel Stay Matte Tranlucent Powder 

For all you ladies out there with oily skin like me, you're going to love this. I bought this after I heard Tanya Burr rave about this powder. This product keeps my shine at bay along with giving my face a flawless finish. I love the smell of it too. I definately was not disappointed with this and only €5.99 from Boots you can't go wrong!


Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

This is a staple product from MacCosmetics. It's main function is as an eyeshadow base. But I also use it on a day to day basis on it's own. This neutralises the redness on my eyelids and gives my eyelids a smooth and even finish while also controling any creasing on my eyes. It's a little more pricey at around the €20 mark but a little really goes a long way with this product. I can see this product lasting me a year at least. Well worth it guys! 


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

I use this brush everyday to apply my foundation. I'm sure you are all aware that these brushes were designed my the famous makeup artist and successful youtube guru Sam Chapman. This brush is perfect for applying liquid foundation because the brush is made from synthetic hair which doesn't absorb the products easily as natural hair. The brush is dense and makes it so easy to get that flawless base that we all want. This is available in Ireland from Boots and Cloud10beauty.


Sleek Brow Kit in Dark

So many people always ask me what product I use to define my eyebrows. And now you finally know my secret! I bought this thinking that it could be similar to Benefit's Brow Zings. I have to say that I was so impressed with Sleek's Brow Kit, I don't think I'll even try another brow kit. I use this product everyday and I would feel incomplete without it. Like the Contour Kit, this is available from Cloud10 Beauty and Sleek's website. Would any of you like to see a tutorial on how I use this product? Let me know in the comments below. 



So there you have my Makeup Must Haves. I would love to know some of yours too, any recommendations please let me know in the comments below. 

Next weeks post will be: Best of Beauty Pamper Products so don't forget to stay tuned! 

Shawna 
xoxo



Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock