Thursday, 13 February 2014

Best of Beauty: Skin Care Saviours

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited to take part of Samantha's Best in Beauty Blog Challenge! Samantha from All the Buzz has organised an 8 week challenge for us Irish Bloggers. She emails us each week about a chosen topic and we put our posts at 7pm each Thursday. (I know I'm a little late on my first post, but better late than never!) You can follow this challenge on Twitter by searching #BOBBlogChallenge. Okay so now onto the first post in the series

This week we are blogging about our skincare saviours that we can't live without. Skin care is extremely important. Taking care of our skin allows us to look healthier, fresh and can help with anti ageing. Here are some of the products that I use on a regular basis and that I love and can't live without




1) Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water



I discovered this only a few weeks ago and I can't believe I lived without this cleansing water! I'm sure you have all heard about Bioderma Micellar cleansing water? I've wanted to try this but I picked up the Garnier one as an alternative. This Cleansing water is a 3 in 1 product. It removes makeup so effortlessly (even eye makeup), it cleanses and soothes the skin. It's my eyemakeup remover, cleanser and toner in one. I know I'll definately be repurchasing this. Seriously Ladies (and guys), try it!

2) Vichy Thermal Spa Water



I love this product for those no makeup days and you need to refresh your skin. This is so soothing, fortifying and is rich in rare minerals. My face feels awake and lifted after using this product. 


3) La Roche Posay Facial Sunblock SPF40


I use this product everyday under my makeup. I want something with a high SPF that will protect my skin from the sun (even in Ireland!). Other facial sunblocks haven't gotten on well with my oily skin and they have left me super shiny after a short amount of time. This sunblock for the face is not half as greasy as the others. Love it! 

4) Honey



Yes you read it correctly, HONEY! Believe it or not, I use this as a face mask. My skin feels so refreshed after this mask and I'm sure everyone has honey in their cupboards. The only disadvantage is that it can be a little messy. First I wash my face and hands. Simply apply it t your face and leave it for 15-20 mins. But don't put too much honey to your face or you'll find that it will start melting and dripping off your face. I'd always lie down and relax for the 15 mins to make sure it doesn't go everywhere! 

5) Lush Dream Cream


This is a hand and body lotion from Lush Cosmetics. I use this "soothing and cooling cream" as a body moisteriser after a shower and love how moisturising it is. During the winter months my skin can get very dry and some body moisterisers don't make any difference to my skin. This one does what it says on the tin. It's so luxurious on the skin and gives me so much moisture! 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I hope you stop by each week to see some other favourites in this blog challenge.

Shawna
xoxo

Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock