Thursday, 5 November 2015

18 ways to use Coconut Oil: VITA COCO

Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular as a healthy, multipurpose oil. I thought I'd share with you some interesting ways to use coconut oil. You really get what you pay for when it comes to coconut oil. Spending a little more an a good quality oil such as Vita Coco Coconut Oil* can make all the difference. 



  1. Cooking: This is an obvious one, but coconut oil is far more healthy to use for cooking instead of other oils. 
  2. Use it instead of butter: I use it for baking, frying, on toast, popping popcorn, anything I can think of. 
  3. Use in salad dressings: I use coconut oil instead of olive oil
  4. Eat a spoonful: Coconut oil is a healthy fat and will make your skin glow. 
  5. Eye makeup remover: I have been using this to remove my makeup and I feel it is working better than any other makeup remover I've tried. I massage the oil into my face to break up the makeup and then remove with a cotton pad. This works great on waterproof makeup too!
  6. Cuticle Oil: Massage some oil into your cuticles to moisturize dry skin
  7. Hand and Body Lotion: It smells delicious and gives a beautiful glow to the skin. 
  8. Facial cleanser and moisturiser: Coconut oil is great for dry skin an gives your skin some extra moisture. I don't use it too often on my face as I have oily skin. 
  9. Eyelash growth serum: Coconut oil nourishes your eyelashes and promotes growth. Apply a tiny amount to a cotton bud and massage into the eyelashes each night. 
  10. Use instead of a shaving cream: It costs less per use and will leave your legs silky smooth.
  11. Leave in hair conditioner: Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so I leave my coconut oil beside the radiator for a new minutes to melt the oil. Then apply a generous amount to the hair and brush it through. Leave in the hair for a few hours. It will quite super oily in your hair but after you wash your hair it will be silky smooth. Sometimes I even leave the oil in my hair overnight.  
  12. Hair Serum: I also use a tiny amount of oil through the ends of my hair after blow drying to tame fly always and to give the hair more shine. 
  13. Daily Exfoliator: Mix some coconut oil with a little sugar and scrub scrub scrub! 
  14. Cheekbone Highlighter: You can add a tiny amount to the tops of your cheekbones to give an extra glow to your skin. I usually do this when I' not wearing any makeup and the oil will dissolve any makeup underneath. 
  15. Lip Balm: perfect for chapped lips. 
  16. Lip Scrub: You can also add some sugar and use as a lip scrub.
  17. Massage Oil: I love the scent of coconut oil and it's not too greasy
  18. Aftersun lotion: A great moisturizer to use on sunburn.


What do you use coconut oil for?