Thursday, 18 February 2016

Irresistible Me Hair Extensions Review*


I was excited to try these hair extensions sent to me from Irresistible Me. I've tried a few different   extensions so I was eager to see how these would compare. I have been growing my hair for a few years now and I take good care of my hair to keep it healthy. Despite my long, healthy hair, I feel that it has been lacking volume and has become a little thin because of the length of my hair. 



200 g sets (10 pieces) - 1 pc of 4 clips (7.5"), 2 pcs of 3 clips (6"), 5 pcs of 2 clips (4"), 2 pcs of 1 clip (1.2")

I was apprehensive at first when choosing the hair extension online as I found it hard to judge what shade, length and weight to choose. Irresistible Me have a very informative video on their shade range and the image below to help you choose a length.They have a wide shade range and the video goes into depth in describing the hair colours and compares each hair colour. In terms of weight, Irresistible Me suggests:

"The weight (100g, 140g, 200g) refers to the total weight of the hair you will order without the clips attached. The thickness of the hair is relative to both the weight and the length you choose: a 14 inch 200g piece will look thicker than 24" 200g, so you have to keep in mind a balance.
For example 14 inches of 200 grams and 24 inches of 200 grams will have the same weight but the 14 inches extensions will look super thick because of the length difference.
The basic rule with hair extensions is - the longer the hair, the bigger the weight should be selected."


I decided to choose 200g weight, 22 inch extension in the shade medium brown. I thought the medium brown would be similar to my own shade. I have quite long hair naturally, so I decided that I wanted the extensions to be roughly the same length of my own hair, but I wanted the extensions so add more volume to my hair.
 

The shipment came within a week. I was very impressed with the quality of the hair. The hair came in a black box, which is perfect to store the hair extension. The largest hair piece with 4 clips pictured above, comes with some extra mesh for more support and durability. Their hair is very soft and feels just like my own hair. I was surprised at the colour match. The extensions blend into my own hair seamlessly.
In terms of styling, the hair extensions are made of human hair so they can be styled using heated tools. I've found that they hold a curl much better than my own hair. In the photos below, I am wearing only four of the ten hair pieces in my hair. my hair isn't too thin, so I thought 4 pieces looked more natural. I was blown away by the amount of hair I received from the 200g package, so you do get great value for your money.

    Before extensions                                                    After extensions

                                 Before extensions                                                    After extensions 


Irresistible Me hair extension are made with 100% human Remy hair. These hair extensions are fantastic quality for a friendly price and can be very easily styled, cut, colored and curled to blend in your hair perfectly. The thickness of the hair decreases very slightly towards the ends just like normal hair does which will provide a completely natural look while wearing them. The Silky Touch extensions are perfect for anybody who loves adding a bit of volume and/or length to their hair occasionally or for special events.

Verdict?

Even though I was sent these hair extensions for review, I would definitely purchase them myself. They are amazing quality, a perfect match for my hair and I had a great experience dealing with the PR team.
If you're looking for good quality hair extensions, Irresistible Me are the way to go! They also sell wigs, hair care products, hair tools and accessories.


Have you tried clip in hair extensions?
I'd love to hear about it in the comments below. 



Shawna

xoxo

Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock