Tuesday, 2 February 2016

January Beauty Favourites


And that's another month gone! There have been some new and old favourites, some of them I've repurchased several times. I'd definitely recommend them all.


Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan and Chocolate Whip Oil free moisturizer. 
I've always loved the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour tan, and I've been loving the Darker shade even more. It's important to exfoliate well before applying this tan. For the best results, I leave it to develop over night and wash off in the morning. Using a moisturiser will make your tan last longer, but a lot of moisturisers have oil in them, which will gradually break down and remove your tan. Cocoa Brown's Chocolate Whip moisturiser is oil free of course smells like chocolate. I'd eat it if I could. I'd definitely recommend both of these products. 


Urban Decay De-slick Makeup Setting Spray
I'm sure you are all familiar with this product. I like to use the de-slick setting spray as it suits oily skin, but there are other setting sprays available for dry and normal skin.  This is a miracle product for me. I use 3 or 4 sprays on my makeup, and my makeup lasts the whole day. I don't use this on a daily basis, but I would use it on a night out, or if I had an event on after work to make my makeup last all day and all night. I would need to powder my face a little, but definitely not as much as I would if I didn't use the setting spray. This spray is essential you NEED this girls! Go and buy it!



Eucerin Calming Scalp Treatment and Shampoo 
I've been suffering from a dry and itchy scalp lately and I was sent the Eucerin scalp treatment and shampoo for review, so I thought I'd give them a go. I used the shampoo instead of my normal shampoo and I found that this one doesn't lather as much as my normal shampoo. Perhaps because it doesn't strip away as much of the scalps natural oils as regular shampoo. I've had to use a little more of the shampoo than I would with regular shampoo as a result. Then after showering, I would leave some of the scalp treatment. I have to say that I've noticed a huge improvement on my scalp as a result of using these two products. Now I would use these every second time I'd wash my hair to keep the dryness at bay. I've tried Head and Shoulders shampoo before for dry scalp but it didn't make much of a difference for me. The key product is the scalp treatment in my opinion. No more dry, itchy and irritated scalp! 


Flormar Baked Blushed and Eyeshadows
Flormar is a brand which has recently reached Ireland and has gained a great reputation. I was sent some Flormar products for review and I fell in love with the baked blushes, highlighters and eyeshadows. They have a beautiful shade range with great pigmentation. They remind of the MAC Mineralize skin finishes, less than half the price. (around the €12 mark.). When I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a Flormar store with 50% off everything. I dived into the store and stocked up on some more blushes and other Flormar products. Flormar's Spider Lash mascara is another one of my favourites from the brand. I've still yet to try their illuminating primer, which is meant to be amazing, You can get Flormar in selected pharmacies. I know that Bradley's pharmacy in Blanchardstown centre have a Flormar stand. Give them a go! 


Golden Top Coat Lancome Hypnose mascara
I've been using this Golden Top Coat Lancome Hypnose mascara for more dramatic makeup looks for nights out. It adds so much to a basic smokey eye especially around the Christmas season. I've added a few coats to my bottom lashes for some sparkle. 



Sleek Highlighting Palette in Solstice 
Sleek - you never let me down! I randomly picked this little beauty up in Boots a few weeks ago. I was like a magpie, attracted by the gold, shiny packaging, so I bought it on a whim.  Good god this one of the most gorgeous highlighters I've ever some across in my life. Pigmented, seriously shimmery and just gorgeous. It comes with one cream highlight and three powder highlights. Just a word of warning, like all cream highlights, a little really goes a long way. I've found too much of the cream highlight might wear away your foundation underneath. So I dab lightly with my finger onto the cheek bone. But I mainly use the powder highlights. It's such a luxurious product and it reminds me of a high end than a drugstore product. For only €13, sure you couldn't go wrong!
  

The Balm Meet Matte Hughes Liquid Lipsticks
The best liquid lipstick I've tried. I've tried other liquid lipsticks like MUA and after a while, they become too drying, start to flake and come off your lips. But not with the Balm Meet Matte Hughes. I got these from Cloud 10 Beauty for about €15 each. They are well worth it, They have a decent shade range with the basic colours you would need. I really hope they extend their shade range in the future. I love to wear these liquid lipsticks particularly on a night out. I can wear bright colours with peace of mind that they won't smudge or wear away easily.  I might need to top up my lip colour once over the entire night.

Eyelure Pro- Brow Dye Kit
I've spoken about this product in my blog post DIY HD Brows where I tint and shape my own eyebrows. I've been using this almost every week or so to add definition to my brows.  Lately I've been leaving my brows au natural(ish) without brow powder. My brows are naturally very fair in colour, so this brow tint adds the definition I need. I buy this from Boots for €10.75. It's well worth it! 


Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eyeshadow Palette
I was recently sent this palette for review a few weeks ago and I haven't put it down since I got it! Honestly, you can't go wrong with Urban Decay eyeshadows, they're always such good quality. This palette has the perfect neutral shades with a few more vibrant colours to brighten up your look. Have a look at my full review and swatch photos here. 


Vita Coco Coconut Oil
Cooking, baking, makeup remover, cuticle oil, eye lash growth serum, hair mask, you name it! I've been using coconut for everything on a daily basis. See more ways I use coconut oil here. 


Boots Time Delay Facial Oil
Even though I have oily skin, I've noticed some dry patches on my face, so I decided to pick up something that will give me some extra moisture. I've been using the Boots Time Delay Facial oil about three times a week with my night skin care routine and I have really noticed a difference in my skin. My skin looks more radiant and glowing. The facial oil didn't make me break out at all which surprised me. Love this!

What beauty products have you been living this month?
Shawna 

xoxo

Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock