Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as a MAKEUP PRIMER



Yes you read that correctly, a shaving balm as a makeup primer. I first heard about this from Nikki Tutorials on Youtube. I was curious to see if this actually worked, so I ran into my brothers room in the hope that he might have the Nivea Post Shaving Balm. I found some, and he hasn't gotten it back since! I applied a small amount to my face and going by Nikki's instructions, I worked it into my skin until it felt a little sticky. I then applied my makeup as normal. I was amazed how long my makeup lasted and how fresh it looked at the end of the day. I have been using it daily since I got my hands on it and its exceptional how it works so well as a primer.

How does it work? The main reason is that it contains Glycerine as one of the main ingredients. Glycerine is very beneficial to the skin for a number of reasons.

Pros:


  • Glycerine allows the makeup to stick to the skin which makes your makeup last longer. 
  • Its lightweight and colourless when applied to the skin. 
  • It's very hydrating
  • Can help disguise fine lines
  • Gives a glow the skin
  • Does not have a greasy appearance on oily skin. 
  • Absolute bargain at €6.79 for 100ml 
  • Doesn't make my skin break out

Cons: 

  • The glass bottle is very heavy and is unsuitable to bring travelling. 
  • It smells like men's after shave. This may bother some people but the smell goes away shortly after application. 



I couldn't recommend this product enough, and at €6.79 a bottle, it's not going to break the bank.

What's your thoughts on this product?

Shawna 
xoxo 

Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock